the eggnog smoothie
It’s almost Christmas and with that comes along a whole host of indulgent festivities and yummy treats.
With temptation all around it can be difficult to choose healthier options, so we’ve come up with a deliciously luxurious healthier version of one holiday favourite: Eggnog.
Traditionally this is made with sugar, brandy and lots of eggs. However, we’ve switched some ingredients with healthier alternatives to make our eggnog smoothie so innocent and good that you could even have it for breakfast!
As well as tasting amazing, the Eggnog Smoothie is made with all natural ingredients which will give you a boost in energy and support a healthy immune system.
We've swapped sugar for maple syrup to keep it naturally sweet, and along with ingredients like banana, yoghurt and coconut oil this smoothie is truly filled to the brim with nutritional goodness.
🥄 2 egg yolks
🥄 2 tbsp of maple syrup
🥄 235ml of plain or vanilla yoghurt
🥄 1 tsp of vanilla extract
🥄 pinch of ground nutmeg
🥄 1 banana
🥄 1 tbsp of coconut oil
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
Before starting ensure your blender is clean and ready to use. Plug in and switch on at the plug.
1. Separate 2 eggs and add the yolks to the blender jug.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
3. Next add the yoghurt and vanilla extract to the mixture
4. Add a pinch or two of nutmeg (according to taste)
5. Peel the banana and add to the jug
6. Lastly add the coconut oil to the mixture
7. Blend until all the ingredients mix together into a smooth consistency
Pour into two glasses and top with a generous serving of whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle cinnamon.
We couldn't resist giving it a go with our BL1200 blender - see how we got on: