PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
At Duronic our users' privacy, the protection of personal data and its confidential handling are a priority and we follow all statutory national and European data protection rules and regulations.
Below you can find some important aspects on what information and personal data we collect and how we handle it, including what information is gathered, how it is used, and with whom it is shared.
As with most websites, you may visit our website without telling us your identity or revealing any data. We do collect information concerning the total number of visits, the total amount of time spent on our website, the pages viewed, and records information from your browser, in particular your IP address and software and hardware attributes. This information is aggregated so that we can determine how our website is being used and how it may be improved.
We only store information and personal. data (referred to as "Data") that you transmit voluntarily, for example in the course of an online order, a registration or a request via our contact form - these are in particular your name, your address and your e-mail address.
When you first contact us, we create a user profile in a database. All further Data, which you provide at a later stage, will be stored under that profile. In the event that you disclose any Data of other persons, such as spouses or work colleagues, we assume that you have the necessary permission to disclose such information.
Users under the age of 18 shall not disclose any Data or otherwise provide information on our Website without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Unless you are told otherwise at the time that your Data is disclosed, such information is retained by us and may be used only for the handling of your requests and/or inquiries and/or any other matters resulting from any agreements between you and us, for example for the delivery of products and for payment transactions, as well as for technical administration purposes.
We store all Data that you transmit to us, until you withdraw your consent. You have the right to request partial or complete deletion of your Data at any time. We will carry out such requests without delay. In instances where we are legally obliged to store Data, these Data will not be deleted, but blocked.
Upon written request you can receive information about your stored Data at any time.
If you subscribe to our email mailing list, we will use the data you have provided with your express consent for sending email newsletters to you. The indication of your email address is required. All other information is provided voluntarily and helps us send emails which are more relevant to you. The newsletters will contain current offers, news and information regarding our products.
We continuously seek to improve our services. This includes analysing the email newsletters which have been sent, for example whether the provided email addresses are available, whether a newsletter has been opened, which links in the newsletters have been used and whether there is any response or return.
No data will be given to third parties.
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters at any time and with immediate effect for the future. This can be done by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email newsletters. Alternatively, you may contact us via our contact form or email our customer service team: firstname.lastname@example.org
5a) Information collected
5b) Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access this website are set by Duronic, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and online shopping experience, and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Duronic are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
5c) What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To enable Duronic to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Duronic meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
5d) How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Under settings, adjust the slider accordingly to block or allow cookies.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Under history, select “use custom settings for history”
4. Adjust cookie settings accordingly.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files and “Preferences”
2. Privacy For Safari 1. Click on Safari Menu
2. From the Safari Menu, click on 'Preferences.
3. Once in the Safari preference window, click 'Privacy'.
4. Set your preferences for accepting cookies next to 'Block Cookies'.
5e) What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site.
If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
We do not pass on the Data we collect to third parties. in particular we do not sell, lease or exchange your Data except where such disclosure may be required by law or as expressly described below.
In the event that subcontractors or agents perform the services which you have requested from us, our partners are required to handle the Data confidentially and in accordance with statutory provisions only for the purpose of these services.
In addition, they are requested to treat your Data in accordance with this Privacy and Data Protection Policy and applicable law.
In general, internal access to your personal data will be restricted to those who have a need to access it in order to carry out their duties (for example our customer services team). As a distributor, we may however need to give access to your details for operational purposes, these include:
- Couriers so your order can be delivered. This includes your delivery address, phone number and email address;
- The CMS and softwares needed to operate the business (stock and order management, CS software);
- Server hosting and IT companies needed to operate and maintain the website;
- Payment facilities used by this website;
- Accountants to generate the company's sales report and appropriate tax declarations.
In special circumstances, we may also need to share your personal data with the following external third parties in some circumstances:
(a) fraud prevention agencies or other third parties that assist us in preventing fraud or other forms of risk;
(b) regulators and government authorities or the police, if we are required to do so by law or if the regulator or authority requests it and we regard that request as reasonable or are required to comply by law;
(c) our insurers, legal advisers or other third parties who need access to it in the context of managing, investigating or defending claims or complaints.
We care about the security of your data and use all technical and organisational possibilities to store the data in a way that is inaccessible for third parties.
All Data is stored on servers which comply to high safety standards and are protected against access by unauthorised persons and misuse.
For any further information relating to Data protection you may contact us as the responsible body directly:
- SHINEMART Ltd: 1 Spilsby Road Harold Hill Romford RM3 8SB United Kingdom. Phone: +44 (0) 17 08 37 45 00 Fax: +44 (0) 17 08 37 47 01
- SHINEMART GmbH: Brandenburger Str. 40, 40880 Ratingen, Germany.
You can amend your data stored at any time with us directly through your Duronic account.
If you placing the order by other means, such as AmazonPay or Paypal for example, we only receive the data transmitted by those providers and a record of these data will only be kept if you placed an order with us. You can however withdraw your consent to forbid us from sharing your data by simply emailing our customer service team using the contact form or email address email@example.com.
Please note that if we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your data which override your interests, we may only be able to delete your data partially. This includes for example the need to keep a record of the sales details for operational, financial or customer service purposes for the duration set out by the law.
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold, which you should be aware of:
- You have the right to obtain your personal data from us except in limited circumstances. Please note that we do not have any other data than the one you provided us with during the check-out.
- You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold concerning you.
- You have the right to require us to erase your personal data on certain limited grounds (including where they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or where we rely on consent, which you withdraw, and there is no other legal ground for the processing).