Watermelon and Feta Salad
To stay in the theme of Watermelon Day, we thought it would be nice to have a go at making a summery watermelon salad too. Packed with a mixture of fresh sweet watermelon, fused with refreshing mint and tossed with savoury Greek feta, it's a real crowd pleaser!
- 450g seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 120g cucumber, sliced
- 150g feta, crumbled
- handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinega
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. In a small bowl or jug whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large salad bowl, add the watermelon chunks, cucumber slices, crumbled feta, sliced red onion and chopped mint. Give it a gentle toss to combine the ingredients.
3. Pour the salad dressing over the salad and give it another gentle toss to ensure it covers the whole salad.
4. Serve into dishes and garnish with an extra sprig of mint leaves.