Duronic Fly Killer UV Wall Sconce Light FKWS18
Nothing is more annoying than flies hovering around the room, landing on food and just being general pests!
Instead of trying to catch them with fly swatters or with harmful pesticides, why not try the Duronic electric UV wall lamp? Its two 6W ultra-violet bulbs attract flies, mosquitos and other flying insects to trap them silently and discretely.
The FKWS18 is an aesthetic alternative to our fly zappers which will fit in perfectly in any home living space. It looks like a normal wall sconce with but with a secret purpose of helping keep the area free from pesky flies!
18 Watts of Bug-Zapping Power
Flying insects will be attracting to inside of the lamp and land on the sticky glue board inside which will trap and effectively kill them.
The FKWS18 has two 9W Ultra-Violet light bulbs, which effectively attract all kinds of flying bugs to fly towards it to get trapped.
Easy to Empty and Clean
Lift the front of the wall light to reveal the glue board which can be easily removed and replaced.
We recommend checking the glue board weekly to prevent an excessive build up of debris.
Five sticky glue boards are included with the FKWS18 fly catcher which are easily replaceable each time they become full of debris.
Additional packs of 5 spare glue boards are available for purchase separately - search for: FKWS5
Where to Position Your Fly Killer
It is important to carefully consider the place you install your fly killer because if it is placed in the wrong location, it can make it less effective or even worse, attract even more flies!!
1) Height: on average, insects fly around 6 feet from the floor, so be sure to position your fly killer somewhere between 5-7 feet from the floor to ensure it will catch the most amount of flies possible. The FK8412 can be hung using a chain, but it can also be stood on a surface.
2) Away from other sources of light: insects are naturally attracted to bright lights. Your fly killer will be less effective if it is placed near a competing source of light like a window or lightbulb.
3) So it is not visible from outside: as most flying bugs come from outside, placing your fly killer too close to a window isn't a good idea as it will entice even more to come in.
4) Not near any dining or food preparation areas: we do not recommend placing your fly killer lamp above places where food is prepared or served. Depending on their size, when some bugs are zapped by the lamp fragmentation may occur, as such there is a risk of contamination.
5) Above doors: the best position for your fly killer should be the entry point which the flying insects are most likely to come in from.