21st October – Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
What’s better than a delicious homemade dessert full of autumnal goodness?! A dessert that requires absolutely no baking, only requires a few ingredients and is so easy to make you can even get the kids involved!
Classic vanilla cheesecake is amazing in its own right but pumpkin cheesecake takes things to a completely new level. We’ve come up with this delicious recipe which not only looks impressive served up, but also tastes amazing too.
- • 300g pumpkin purée
- • 250g gingernut biscuits or Biscoff biscuits
- • 225ml maple syrup
- • 350g full-fat cream cheese
- • 200ml double cream
• Chopped pecans
• Maple syrup
• Whipped or squirty cream
Tip: Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
1. Put the biscuits into a blender or food processor and blitz into fine crumbs. Add 125ml of the maple syrup and mix for a few seconds more.
2. Line a 20cm spring-form cake tin with baking parchment. Pour the crumb mixture in, spread it around the base of the tin and firmly push down to form a base. Place the tin in the fridge to chill for around 30-40 minutes.
3. Pour the 125ml of the maple syrup into a mixing bowl along with the cream cheese and pumpkin puree. Beat until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, add the cream and the remaining maple syrup. Whip together until the cream mixture thickens and creates soft peaks.
5. Add the cream mixture to the bowl of pumpkin mixture. Fold the cream into the pumpkin mix until fully combined.
6. Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and spoon the mixture in evenly.
7. Cover and freeze overnight.