Hot Mulled Cider Day
Colder days call for warming drinks, and as it's harvest time and we're in the autumnal mood, we thought we'd celebrate Hot Mulled Cider Day this year with our own version of the classic spiced drink.
It can be made with cider or apple juice and has a little twist with the addition of maple syrup which gives it an extra sweet kick. Give it a try and maybe it will become a firm favourite you'll come back to next year!
- 1.5 litres apple cider (or for non-alcoholic use apple juice)
- 60ml real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 orange peel (cut into strips)
- 1 lemon peel (cut into strips)
1. Pour the apple cider into a large saucepan. Add the maple syrup. Turn the hob on a low heat.
2. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange and lemon peel inside the pan.
3. Let the mix heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the cider is very hot but not boiling.
4. Remove the cider from the heat. Carefully remove and dispose of the spices and peel.
Ladle the mulled cider into mugs and serve immediately.