Zucchini Fries: A Delicious Twist
on a Classic Snack
Zucchini, a versatile vegetable beloved across the globe, has a rich history and many names. Known as courgette in French and British English, zucchina in Italy, and calabacín in Spain, this summer squash has found its way into numerous cuisines. But, have you ever tried zucchini transformed into crispy, mouth-watering fries using an air fryer? Let’s dive into the world of zucchini fries and how you can make this amazing snack at home.
The History of Zucchini
Originating in Central and South America, zucchini has been part of the human diet since around 7,000 to 5,500 BC. However, the zucchini we know today was developed in Italy in the late 19th century. From there, it spread across Europe and the rest of the world, becoming a staple in various culinary traditions.
Zucchini Around the World
Zucchini goes by different names depending on where you are. In the United States and Australia, it’s commonly known as zucchini, from the Italian 'zucchina'. In the UK and France, it's referred to as courgette, a French diminutive of 'courge' meaning squash. Each culture has its unique way of cooking this versatile vegetable, but one delicious method has gained popularity worldwide: turning them into zucchini fries!
Zucchini lovers rejoice!
Zucchini Fries in an Air Fryer
Now, let’s talk about making zucchini fries in an air fryer, an innovative kitchen appliance that's revolutionized healthy cooking. Using an air fryer, you can create crispy, delicious snacks with minimal oil, making it a healthier alternative to traditional deep frying.
How do zucchinis go on holiday? A cour-gette!
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- Powdered Cheese (Parmiggiano Preferably)
- Seasoning of Choice (We prefer Paprika + Salt & Pepper)
- Our AF34 Air Fryer
1. Slice your zucchini into the shape of fries.
2. Crack 2 eggs into a small mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly with a fork.
3. Mix breadcrumbs, the powdered cheese and your seasonings all in a separate bowl or plate.
4. Dip each zucchini slice into the egg, let the excess drip off, then dip and roll into the breadcrumb seasoning mix.
5. Place all your seasoned zucchini slices into your air fryer, at 200c for 10-12 minutes!
6. Enjoy with ketchup or your favourite dipping sauce! Wow your friends and family with this amazingly simple recipe!
Why Air Fryer?
Using an air fryer for zucchini fries is not only healthier but also incredibly convenient. It requires significantly less oil than traditional frying methods, reducing the overall calorie and fat content. Plus, the air fryer cooks the fries evenly, giving you a consistent crispy texture without the hassle of flipping or monitoring that comes with pan-frying.
Zucchini fries in an air fryer are a fantastic way to enjoy a healthier version of a beloved snack. This recipe is simple, delicious, and a testament to the versatility of zucchini. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress your friends and family. Give it a try and experience the delightful crunch and flavor of air-fried zucchini fries!