17th july - peach ice cream day
A day specially dedicated to this wonderful treat, Peach Ice Cream Day is celebrated every year on 17th July. This fruity holiday is traditionally celebrated the US, however we thought it would still be fun to celebrate this day to help us get in the mood for summer.
With so many warm days ahead, let us help you to prepare by perfecting your ice cream making skills. We've come up with a luxuriously creamy peach ice cream recipe that is sure to delight the whole family. Make it for Peach Ice Cream Day or in fact any day that you fancy a refreshingly creamy dessert.
How to Make Peach Ice Cream
- 4 fresh peaches (peeled and chopped)
- 245ml milk (whole or semi-skimmed)
- 180ml cream (double or whipping cream)
- 100g caster sugar
Note: you must put the freezer bowl into the freezer the night before you want to make ice cream.
1. Add the chopped peaches, milk, cream and sugar into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Remove the IM540 freezer bowl from the freezer and put inside the ice cream machine. Switch on the machine.
3. Slowly pour the peach mixture into the machine.
4. After around 30 minutes your mixture will have churned into a creamy soft ice cream.
Tip: If you do not plan to eat your ice cream immediately, or if you prefer your ice cream to be frozen into a more solid state, decant the ice cream into a freezer-safe tub and put in the freezer for a few hours.
Our IM540 Ice Cream Maker
- MAKES ICE CREAM IN UNDER 30 MINUTES:
Fresh homemade ice cream is just moments away
- IDEAL FOR FAMILIES:
It’s so easy to use, you can even get the children involved to help make their favourite desserts!
- USE NATURAL INGREDIENTS:
Making homemade recipes means they will be free from preservatives, artificial flavours and colourings too. You are in complete control of what goes into your recipe
- LARGE CAPACITY FREEZING BOWL:
The bowl included can hold up to 1.5 litres of ice cream mixture. The bowl is also available separately so you can buy spares.
- PERFECT FOR DIFFERENT DIETARY REQUIREMENTS:
If you’re vegan you can make ice cream with dairy-free milk, or if you’re allergic to certain ingredients you can omit them. If you are on a low-fat or sugar-free diet, you can make your ice cream without any sugar or sweeteners.
- EASY TO USE:
Pop the bowl in the freezer the night before and it will be ready to use the next day Easy to follow instructions are included which guide you how to use the machine. Once the ingredients are added, it takes less than 30 minutes of churning until you have perfectly smooth and creamy ice cream.